Danger Alert: Brain-Eating Amoeba Kills One Person in Karachi

brain eater Amoeba

Newstoday: According to health officials, the brain-eating amoeba naegleria fowleri killed a 19-year-old male in Karachi on Monday. On May 27, the boy was admitted to the hospital after suffering from high fever, headache, and vomiting. According to the health officials report, the patient died the next day after the treatment; he worked as a laborer in the port. Chlorine may readily destroy the dangerous amoeba. As a result, health department officials have recommended that the provincial government quickly add chlorine to the city's water supply. "The best method to cure yourself from this genes is prevention and raising awareness in society about how to eliminate this amoeba from the water supply,".

All inhabitants were urged to add chlorine pills to their houses' water tanks, which are used for washing and bathing. In the Province of Sindh, three deaths have occurred due to the Naegleria fowleri. The first woman who died was 32 years old, belonging to Qayyumabad, Korangi road. The second person, who was 45 years belongs to Abdullahbad, Surjani town of district west. The third belongs to Saddar town. 8 deaths were reported in 2022 in the city.

Sabahat Abid


Comment as a guest: